Healthy Birth Outcomes [HBO]
What is HBO?
HBO is a free program for pregnant women who live in Stanislaus County. HBO provides support in the community, and personal education from a public health nurse and connects you to services such as:
- Medical care and insurance
- Nutrition and food resources
- Teaching on healthy pregnancy, labor and delivery, and breastfeeding
- Baby care information
What is an HBO Support Group?
HBO Suport groups provide moms to be with:
- Pregnancy and baby care education
- Fun crafts and acitivities
- Support from other women in the community who are pregnant or parenting a baby under 1 year old
What is HBO Home Visiting Service?
Home visits are for pregnant women who are less than 28 weeks pregnant and are facing a high-risk pregnancy. A public health nurse comes out to your home or will meet you in the community. They will continue until the baby is a year old.
Healthy Birth Outcomes is funded through a grant through the Stanislaus County Children & Families Commission.