NFP is for moms who are having their first baby, are low income, and less than 29 weeks pregnant. The nurse visits the mom during the pregnancy and until the baby is 2 years old.
The goals of NFP are to help first-time parents succeed and to:
- Have healthier babies and healthier moms
- Improve child health and development
- Support and education for new parents
- Set and reach their goals for the future
NFP can help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become a better parent
- Make your home safe for your baby to live and play
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other services
- Finish school and get job training
- Set goals for your family's future and find ways to help you reach them
Who can be in NFP?
- First time pregnant woman, less than 29 weeks pregnant
- Low income (can get WIC or Medi-Cal)