Babies were born to be breastfed!
All WIC staff members receive breastfeeding training, and support breastfeeding as the normal infant feeding choice.
Each WIC office also has Lactation Educators with specialized breastfeeding training who provide education and support.
Lactation Consultants Contacts
WIC Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Prenatal and postpartum breastfeeding classes
- Breastfeeding support groups
- One-on-one counseling with pregnant & post-partum women
General Breastfeeding Information
- The Risks of Formula Feeding: Download in English | Spanish
- Breastfeeding After You Return to Work or School Booklet
Manual, pedal and electric breast pumps may be available for use when babies are premature and for moms who are returning to work or school.
Please contact WIC @ (209) 558-7377 to find out if you are eligible for a pump!
Breastfeeding Laws and Regulations